Do you know that only just over half, 56%, of all project managers are certified? (Wrike.com) What’s holding you back from becoming PMP Certified?
Whether you’re already in the project management field or looking to jump in, the importance of what a PMP Certification can do for your career shouldn’t be overlooked. Here are 5 reasons why investing in your future as a certified PMP Project Manager is worth its weight in gold.
- Flexibility – the PMP is an International credential so you can work anywhere in the world without having to worry about retaking a different state/country PMP test.
- Gateway to higher learning – because you must maintain your credential through accumulation of Professional Development Units (PDUs) you will have multiple chances to seek out and participate in learning opportunities.
- Get the best projects! – PMs with PMP Certifications tend to get chosen for more challenging projects. With more challenging and high-profile projects comes greater responsibility, acknowledgement and opportunities for advancement.
- Greater workforce desirability – the PMP is a recognized certification for recruiters and employers, and because project management transcends industries, you will be able to cast a wide net when looking for new/better jobs.
- Show me the Money! – “In the United States, Project Managers with PMP certifications earn on average 22% more! than Project Managers without…” via Project Management Institute.
The path to all these benefits only comes after successfully earning your PMP certification. Convinced now is the time to pursue your PMP? Put yourself in the best position for success and research PMP Prep Courses in your area. In the Tulsa, Oklahoma, area and want to increase the likelihood of exam success? Then join us for an immersive PMP® boot camp happening this summer, July 23-27! Find out more about our PMP Exam Prep Course for PMBOK v5 at: http://www.arrowheadconsulting.us/courses/#.
Thanks for reading! Connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Arrowhead Consulting, a new focus, aimed at your success!
Sources/ ideas: https://www.simplilearn.com/reasons-to-do-pmp-certification-article